- Cabinet apprised of the MoU signed between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of on youth affairs and sports
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for amendment of the Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) Order, 1954
- Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar Chief Minister
- Saurabh Shukla appointed as Private Secretary to Arun Jaitely
- ACC approved the extension for the further period of one year to Addl Secretary level posts
A smart village is a humane, hi-tech and happy village which ensures an enhanced quality of life that contributes to the harmony, happiness and well-being of all the villagers. So the Govt of Uttar Pradesh has selected as many as 30 villages in the Lucknow division to develop as ‘smart’ under the Smart Gram initiative. Divisional Commissioner Anil Garg recently held a meeting with the Gram Pradhans of these villages and discussed the development plans.
Divisional Commissioner Anil Garg said, “In a bid to ensure all-round development of the villages like, RO plant in Panchayat Bhawan buildings, installation of LEDs, opening of Skill Development Centres, clean drinking water supply, tree plantation on both sides of the roads, maintenance and boundary wall construction around Panchayat Bhawan buildings, advanced drainage and sewerage system, wall paintings of the government schemes, opening of Anganwadi Centres, Community halls, beautification of parks and ponds, construction of graveyards, plantation of medicinal plants and tree guards and telemedicine facility will be made available in each village.