- Vinay Srivastava gets premature repatriation to his cadre
- Three IPS officers transferred in MP
- Ms. Tripti Gurha gets premature repatriation to parent cadre
- PM expresses delight on the successful maiden test firing of Brahmos ALCM from Su-30MKI
- NHRC notice to the Government of Uttar Pradesh over its reported endorsing of killings in encounters by police for improving law and order
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has accorded its approval for continuation and restructuring of National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) to make it outcome-based, competitive and better monitored with increased focus on sustainability (functionality) of schemes to ensure good quality service delivery to the rural population.
A sum of Rs. 23,050 crore has been approved for the programme for the Fourteenth Finance Commission (FFC) period 2017-18 to 2019-20. The programme will cover all the Rural Population across the country. The restructuring will make the programme flexible, result-oriented, competitive, and will enable the Ministry towards to reach the goal of increasing coverage of sustainable Piped Water Supply.