- Vinay Srivastava gets premature repatriation to his cadre
- Three IPS officers transferred in MP
- Ms. Tripti Gurha gets premature repatriation to parent cadre
- PM expresses delight on the successful maiden test firing of Brahmos ALCM from Su-30MKI
- NHRC notice to the Government of Uttar Pradesh over its reported endorsing of killings in encounters by police for improving law and order
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the 161 km long Barabanki-Akbarpur doubling project at a completion cost of Rs. 1,310.23 crore and is likely to be completed by 2021-22. The project will cover the districts of Barabanki and Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh and will benefit the entire route from Lucknow to Varanasi via Faizabad.
At present delay of trains in Barabanki to Varanasi is high and Express trains are taking up to 7-15 hours for covering a distance of just 323 kms. Present capacity utilization from Barabanki to Faizabad is 146.5% and from Faizabad to Akbarpur it is 152.6%. The doubling project will ensure higher speeds, reduce train delays, enhance safety by allowing more time for block maintenance and provide additional capacity for future increase in traffic.