- Income tax recovers huge cash and other items in raids on officers in UP
- PM being welcomed by Assam Governor and CM Assam on his arrival in Dibrugarh, Assam
- Venu Rajamony new Ambassador to Netherlands
- Tapan Ray gets addl charge of the post of Secretary in the Dept of Economic Affairs
- Vijay Babu Vasanta gets extension as First Secretary, High Commission of India in London
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Protocol amending the Convention between India and Portugal for avoidance of double taxation. The Protocol will also ensure prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
Once the Protocol enters into force, both India and Portugal would be able to exchange tax related information, which will help tax authorities of both countries to curb tax evasion.