- Jaitley hits at Congress for using petition as “political tool” to intimidate judges
- SC expresses unhappiness over public debate on CJI impeachment
- Opposition to move impeachment motion against CJI in Rajya Sabha
- Rahul Kulshresth appointed as Ambassador of India to the Arab Republic of Turkey
- Sanjay Bhattacharya appointed as next Ambassador of India to Republic of Turkey
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Protocol amending the Convention between India and Portugal for avoidance of double taxation. The Protocol will also ensure prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
Once the Protocol enters into force, both India and Portugal would be able to exchange tax related information, which will help tax authorities of both countries to curb tax evasion.