- Cabinet apprised of the MoU signed between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of on youth affairs and sports
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for amendment of the Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) Order, 1954
- Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar Chief Minister
- Saurabh Shukla appointed as Private Secretary to Arun Jaitely
- ACC approved the extension for the further period of one year to Addl Secretary level posts
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Protocol amending the Convention between India and Portugal for avoidance of double taxation. The Protocol will also ensure prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
Once the Protocol enters into force, both India and Portugal would be able to exchange tax related information, which will help tax authorities of both countries to curb tax evasion.