- Vjiay Kumar appointed as Director(Rolling Stock), NHSRCL
- Gaigongdin Panmei appointed as Financial Adviser, North Eastern Council
- Tenure of Ms Ishita Roy, Joint Secretary in the Dept of Higher Education extended
- Rahul Chhabra appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Republic of Kenya
- Partha Satpathy posted as next Ambassador of India to Ukrain
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Philippines in the field of agriculture and related fields.
The MoU will improve bilateral cooperation in the field of agriculture and will be mutually beneficial to both countries. It will promote understanding of best agricultural practices in the two countries and will help in better productivity as well as improved global market access.
This MoU provides for cooperation in the fields of rice production and processing, multi cropping system, dryland farming systems, bio-organic farming, solid and water conservation and management, soil fertility, sericulture, agro forestry, livestock improvement etc.
The MoU provides for constitution of Joint Working Group composed of equal number of representatives. The Joint Working Group shall meet once every two years alternatively in the Philippines and India.