- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
The CBI Tuesday arrested Mayurbhanj’s BJD MP Ramchandra Hansdah and two ex-MLAs, Hitesh Kumar Bagartti (ex-MLA, BJP) and Subarna Naik (ex-MLA, BJD) for their alleged link with the Nabadiganta Capital Financial Services, a chit fund company in Odisha.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested former MLAs — Subarna Naik of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) and Hitesh Bagartti of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) — after they were interrogated for three hours Tuesday. The three political leaders were interrogated for the third time in the past 12 days for their alleged complicity with the chit fund firm.