- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
Central Bureau of Investigation has raided many places in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh over Illegal Sand Mining. The CBI may launch an investigation into former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav as part of its probe into alleged illegal sand mining in 2012-2013 during which the Samajwadi Party leader was the CM and mining minister. Former Minister, Gayatri Prasad Prajapati is also likely to be summoned by CBI as he also held the portfolio in the mining department.