- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
Outgoing Foreign Secretary, Dr. S. Jaishankar has been appointed as Tata Group’s President, Global Corporate Affairs. He will report to N. Chandrasekaran, Executive Chairman of Tata Son’s.
S Jai Shankar was foreign secretary of India from January 2015 to January 2018. He had previously served as Indian Ambassador to the United States (2014-2015), China (2009-2013) and the Czech Republic (2001-2004). He also served as High Commissioner to Singapore (2007-2009). S Jai Shankar also played a key role in negotiating the Indo- US civilian nuclear agreement.