- Pramod Sawant takes oath as new Chief Minister of Goa
- Rakesh Kumar Tiwari appointed as Director, D/o Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare
- Ms. M. Imkongla Jamir gets extension as Private Secretary of Smriti Zubin Irani for three months
- Ms. Pratima Gupta appointed as Director, CVC
- Ms. Esha Srivastava appointed as Director, M/o Petroleum & Natural Gas
Information about Rajya Sabha nominations was denied by the Public Information Officer (PIO) on the plea that these did not come under the purview of section 2(f) of the RTI Act. The appellant contended that he only sought to know who had proposed the name of Shri Sachin Tendulkar for membership of the Rajya Sabha; and whether any other names were proposed for the same purpose. The PIO submitted that the appellant has filed various RTI applications and before coming for hearing, they were not sure about the points being raised in the present case. The Central Information Commission (CIC) directed the respondent to provide the information to the appellant as available within 30 days of the order.