- Vjiay Kumar appointed as Director(Rolling Stock), NHSRCL
- Gaigongdin Panmei appointed as Financial Adviser, North Eastern Council
- Tenure of Ms Ishita Roy, Joint Secretary in the Dept of Higher Education extended
- Rahul Chhabra appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Republic of Kenya
- Partha Satpathy posted as next Ambassador of India to Ukrain
Prime Minister, Sh. Narendra Modi who chaired the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) has given its approval for increase in the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Fair Average Quality (FAQ) of “Milling Copra” to Rs.7500/- per quintal for 2018 season from Rs. 6500/-per quintal in 2017. The MSP for FAQ of “Ball Copra” has been increased to Rs.7750/- per quintal for 2018 season from Rs. 6785/- per quintal in 2017. The MSP of Copra is expected to ensure appropriate minimum prices to the farmers and step up investment in Coconut cultivation and thereby production and productivity in the country.