- Pramod Sawant takes oath as new Chief Minister of Goa
- Rakesh Kumar Tiwari appointed as Director, D/o Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare
- Ms. M. Imkongla Jamir gets extension as Private Secretary of Smriti Zubin Irani for three months
- Ms. Pratima Gupta appointed as Director, CVC
- Ms. Esha Srivastava appointed as Director, M/o Petroleum & Natural Gas
The Income Tax department has detected undisclosed monies of Rs 1.64 crore and other “inconsistencies” in its countrywide investigations into the sudden popping up of suspicious amounts in Jan Dhan accounts.The department has detected the suspicious activity in these accounts in banks in Kolkata, Midnapore, Ara (Bihar), Kochi and Varanasi even as officials said some other accounts in over half-a-dozen cities are under the scanner of the taxman.