- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
The Income Tax department has detected undisclosed monies of Rs 1.64 crore and other “inconsistencies” in its countrywide investigations into the sudden popping up of suspicious amounts in Jan Dhan accounts.The department has detected the suspicious activity in these accounts in banks in Kolkata, Midnapore, Ara (Bihar), Kochi and Varanasi even as officials said some other accounts in over half-a-dozen cities are under the scanner of the taxman.