- Cabinet apprised of the MoU signed between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of on youth affairs and sports
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for amendment of the Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) Order, 1954
- Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar Chief Minister
- Saurabh Shukla appointed as Private Secretary to Arun Jaitely
- ACC approved the extension for the further period of one year to Addl Secretary level posts
As many as 245 Commissioners for non performance has been reshuffled in the department of Income Tax across the Country by Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT). Performance was one the main criteria for transferring the officials in key positions and shifting out non-performers from significant charges. The officers who are holding the charge for two years or more also have been in the transfer list, besides those facing vigilance or other disciplinary charges.