- Jaitley hits at Congress for using petition as “political tool” to intimidate judges
- SC expresses unhappiness over public debate on CJI impeachment
- Opposition to move impeachment motion against CJI in Rajya Sabha
- Rahul Kulshresth appointed as Ambassador of India to the Arab Republic of Turkey
- Sanjay Bhattacharya appointed as next Ambassador of India to Republic of Turkey
As many as 245 Commissioners for non performance has been reshuffled in the department of Income Tax across the Country by Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT). Performance was one the main criteria for transferring the officials in key positions and shifting out non-performers from significant charges. The officers who are holding the charge for two years or more also have been in the transfer list, besides those facing vigilance or other disciplinary charges.