- Cabinet apprised of the MoU signed between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of on youth affairs and sports
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for amendment of the Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) Order, 1954
- Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar Chief Minister
- Saurabh Shukla appointed as Private Secretary to Arun Jaitely
- ACC approved the extension for the further period of one year to Addl Secretary level posts
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee received Rt. Hon’ble Mrs. Bidya Devi Bhandari, President of Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal yesterday (18.04.2017)at Rashtrapati Bhavan. He also hosted a banquet in her honour.
Welcoming thePresident of Nepal, the President said that he was delighted to have this opportunity to receive her as the first woman President of the country. He said her choice of India for the first State Visit abroad is appreciated. The President fondly remembered his recent visit to Nepal and meetings with her last year. He thanked the President of Nepal and the Government and people of Nepal for the overwhelming warmth and gracious hospitality accorded during his visit.