- Jaitley hits at Congress for using petition as “political tool” to intimidate judges
- SC expresses unhappiness over public debate on CJI impeachment
- Opposition to move impeachment motion against CJI in Rajya Sabha
- Rahul Kulshresth appointed as Ambassador of India to the Arab Republic of Turkey
- Sanjay Bhattacharya appointed as next Ambassador of India to Republic of Turkey
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee received Rt. Hon’ble Mrs. Bidya Devi Bhandari, President of Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal yesterday (18.04.2017)at Rashtrapati Bhavan. He also hosted a banquet in her honour.
Welcoming thePresident of Nepal, the President said that he was delighted to have this opportunity to receive her as the first woman President of the country. He said her choice of India for the first State Visit abroad is appreciated. The President fondly remembered his recent visit to Nepal and meetings with her last year. He thanked the President of Nepal and the Government and people of Nepal for the overwhelming warmth and gracious hospitality accorded during his visit.