- Kamlesh K Mishra gets extension as Director, M/o Power
- Ashish Kumar Bhutani appointed as CEO, PMFBY
- Deepak Khandekar gets addl charge of the post of Secretary, M/o Women & Child Development
- Justice Mrs. Manjula Chellur sworn as ATE in New Delhi
- C P Ramanarayanan appointed as Vice Chancellor, DIAT Pune
Janakpur/Kathmandu: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday arrived in Nepal for his two-day visit.
Modi, who is undertaking his third visit to Nepal, landed in Janakpur during which he will hold one-on-one talks with his Nepalese Prime Minister KP Oli.
Various Nepalese officials namely Nepal Defence Minister Ishwor Pokharel and chief minister of Province-2, Lalbabu Raut were present to receive Prime Minister Modi.
PM Modi offered prayers with Nepalese PM KP Oli at Janki temple.
The two-day visit is seen as a move by the two countries to mend their bilateral ties. Modi’s reciprocal visit to Nepal comes just a month after Oli made a three-day visit to India in a bid to further boost relations between the two countries.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart KP Oli will jointly inaugurate the Ramayan Circuit Bus Route that will connect Janakpur to Ayodhya.
On Saturday, PM Modi will offer prayers at Kathmandu’s Pashupatinath Temple. Member of the Temple Trust, Pradeep Dhakal says, ‘Special prayers will be conducted. We are ready to welcome him.’
Security has been beefed up in Nepal ahead of the meeting between the two leaders.