- Vjiay Kumar appointed as Director(Rolling Stock), NHSRCL
- Gaigongdin Panmei appointed as Financial Adviser, North Eastern Council
- Tenure of Ms Ishita Roy, Joint Secretary in the Dept of Higher Education extended
- Rahul Chhabra appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Republic of Kenya
- Partha Satpathy posted as next Ambassador of India to Ukrain
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday extended the interim protection from arrest to former Finance Minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti till August 7 in the Aircel-Maxis money laundering case.
Earlier, the court had granted him anticipatory bail till July 10 in connection with two cases filed by the CBI and the ED in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
In the high profile, INX Media case, the former Finance Minister was granted protection from arrest till August 1.
As per the media reports, the ED filed a detailed reply in the case and opposed the anticipatory bail granted to Chidambaram.
One June 12, the former Union Minister was questioned for over six hours by the ED during his second round of appearance in the case, which he reiterated that no offence was committed.
Officials said the investigating officer of the case recorded Chidambaram’s statement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The Aircel-Maxis controversy has its roots in the infamous 2G spectrum case. The matter pertains to grant of Foreign Investment Promotion Board clearance to firm M/S Global Communication Holding Services Ltd. for investment in Aircel.