- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
Rolling out the red carpet for global investors, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday made a strong pitch for the ambitious ‘Make in India’ campaign and assured a predictable policy regime for business. Speaking at the inauguration of a GE facility, PM Modi said, “India is the fastest growing economy in the world with a GDP growth rate of 7.4%. “I assure you that in the field of development and giving employment, there are a lot of opportunities here in India.” Modi said his government’s effort is to make policies predictable to attract investments as he believes that good governance is a guarantee for development.