- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
On Wednesday Rajya Sabha has approved the Quota bill with a margin of 165-7 a day after the lok sabha had cleared the legislation with the margin of 323-3. As the parliamentary process is complete, the law can be notified by the president.