- Cabinet apprised of the MoU signed between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of on youth affairs and sports
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for amendment of the Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) Order, 1954
- Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar Chief Minister
- Saurabh Shukla appointed as Private Secretary to Arun Jaitely
- ACC approved the extension for the further period of one year to Addl Secretary level posts
Sr. Gen. U Min Aung Hliang, Commander-in-Chief of the Myanmar Defence Services called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi today. Condemning the recent terrorist attack on pilgrims of Amarnath Yatra, Sr. Gen. U Min Aung Hliang expressed his sincere condolences for the victims of the attack.
The Prime Minister conveyed his condolences at the loss of lives of Myanmar armed forces personnel and their families in the tragic air crash of 7 June 2017.
Sr. Gen. U Min Aung Hliang briefed the Prime Minister about bilateral defence and security cooperation. The Prime Minister appreciated the close cooperation between the Armed forces of India and Myanmar.
The Prime Minister said that Myanmar is a key pillar of India’s “Act East” Policy, and expressed his firm commitment to strengthen the bilateral relationship in all areas.