- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
Sr. Gen. U Min Aung Hliang, Commander-in-Chief of the Myanmar Defence Services called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi today. Condemning the recent terrorist attack on pilgrims of Amarnath Yatra, Sr. Gen. U Min Aung Hliang expressed his sincere condolences for the victims of the attack.
The Prime Minister conveyed his condolences at the loss of lives of Myanmar armed forces personnel and their families in the tragic air crash of 7 June 2017.
Sr. Gen. U Min Aung Hliang briefed the Prime Minister about bilateral defence and security cooperation. The Prime Minister appreciated the close cooperation between the Armed forces of India and Myanmar.
The Prime Minister said that Myanmar is a key pillar of India’s “Act East” Policy, and expressed his firm commitment to strengthen the bilateral relationship in all areas.