- Vjiay Kumar appointed as Director(Rolling Stock), NHSRCL
- Gaigongdin Panmei appointed as Financial Adviser, North Eastern Council
- Tenure of Ms Ishita Roy, Joint Secretary in the Dept of Higher Education extended
- Rahul Chhabra appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Republic of Kenya
- Partha Satpathy posted as next Ambassador of India to Ukrain
Srinagar: At least two CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) personnel were killed and another injured when terrorists attacked the forces’ camp at Achabal town in Jammu and Kashmir’s Anantnag on Friday.
A civilian was also injured when the vehicle-borne terrorists opened fire at the CRPF party.
As per the media reports, the terrrorists attacked a CRPF party deployed on law and order duty at Achabal Chowk in Anantnag and escaped.
The two jawans killed were assistant sub-inspector Meena and constable Sandeep, reports said.
In view of the situation, the area has been cordoned off and a hunt has been launched to track down the terrorists. An FIR has also been registered into the accident and the investigation has been started.