- Pramod Sawant takes oath as new Chief Minister of Goa
- Rakesh Kumar Tiwari appointed as Director, D/o Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare
- Ms. M. Imkongla Jamir gets extension as Private Secretary of Smriti Zubin Irani for three months
- Ms. Pratima Gupta appointed as Director, CVC
- Ms. Esha Srivastava appointed as Director, M/o Petroleum & Natural Gas
Washington: India will host the next Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in January in Varanasi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s parliamentary constituency, a senior official of the Indian embassy here said.
Addressing a gathering of eminent Indian-American community leaders from Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia, Indian embassy’s Minister of Community Affairs Anurag Kumar said the details of the event were being worked out to facilitate greater participation of the diaspora from across the world.
The event is arranged in such a way that the Indian diaspora could have an option to participate in ‘Khumbha Snan’ and attend the Republic Day parade in New Delhi, the embassy official said.
“The next Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in Varanasi from January 21 to 23. There is also a provision being made for the participants to participate in the Kumbh Snan in Allahabad and then travel to New Delhi to be part of the Republic Day Parade on January 26,” Anurag Kumar said.
To be organised by the Ministry of External Affairs in association with the Uttar Pradesh government, the theme of the forthcoming Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be “Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India”.