- Pankaj Gupta appointed as Director, DIPAM
- Ms. Basumathi G appointed as Dy Secretary, Dept of Biotechnology
- Lok Sabha accepts TDP,other opposition parties’ no-trust move against Modi government
- PM Modi attacks Mamata, accuses her of 'throttling democracy' and running 'syndicate raj' in Bengal
- AAP in deep trouble as 16 party leaders resign en masse in Punjab
New Delhi: A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi called the Congress a party of ‘bail-gadi’ as many of its party leaders are out on bail, former Union Minister Kapil Sibal on Sunday attacked the BJP government saying it become “lynch-pujari.”
“Eight accused convicted for lynching are garlanded by Jayant Sinha when granted bail. You got it wrong Modiji. They say your government has become: Lynch-Pujari,” Sibal tweeted.
The senior Congress leader was referring to the incident where Union Minister Jayant Sinha allegedly honoured eight accused accused in the Ramgarh lynching case in Jharkhand after they were released on bail on Thursday.
According to reports, the life sentences of the convicts were suspended by the High Court and after getting bail they headed to Sinha’s residence, led by a local Bharatiya Janata Party leader.
Sinha defended his actions, saying that he had full faith in the country’s judicial system and the rule of law.
He said while he unequivocally condemned all acts of violence and rejected any type of vigilantism, he had misgivings about the fast-track court judgment of sentencing the accused to life imprisonment.
Condemning Sinha’s action, the Congress had slammed the BJP and accused it of fanning communal tension.