- Pramod Sawant takes oath as new Chief Minister of Goa
- Rakesh Kumar Tiwari appointed as Director, D/o Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare
- Ms. M. Imkongla Jamir gets extension as Private Secretary of Smriti Zubin Irani for three months
- Ms. Pratima Gupta appointed as Director, CVC
- Ms. Esha Srivastava appointed as Director, M/o Petroleum & Natural Gas
Lucknow: Several journalist groups and media organisations have strongly condemned pgurus for publishing false, baseless, misleading story against senior journalist Upendra Rai.
In a statement, the ABPSS (Akhil Bharatiya Patrakar Surksha Smiti), a known journalists’ association, said it condemns in the strongest language pgurus for its yellow journalism.
ABPSS’s disciplinary action committee chief Dharmendra Tripathi said the way the website published unverified story against journalist Upendra Rai without following principles and ethics of journalism, it is unpardonable.
In this regard, the ABPSS official has demanded strict action against pgurus website and those involved in yellow journalism.
On the other hand, the Uttar Pradesh Journalist Forum also denounced news website, pgurus. The forum in a statement said the website, by publishing fabricated story against senior journalist Upendra Rai, has indulged in unbecoming activity. Calling it a farce, journalist forum’s joint secretary Santosh Singh said it is yellow journalism which is contributing to the decline of overall standards of journalism.
It has called for a probe against website pgurus and its promoters so that they don’t indulge in yellow journalism again.