- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
Lucknow: Pgurus’ publication of misleading and baseless story against senior journalist Upendra Rai has generated a widespread anger among journalists who submitted a petition to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday demanding a strong action against the controversial website.
Condemning pgurus in the strongest term, Journalist Welfare Foundation, a Lucknow-based journalists’ association has hit at the website for its “irresponsible act and for lowering the values of journalism.”
The Foundation, which sent the petition to the Prime Minister against the controversial website, demanded immediate action against it.
In its release, the journalists’ association said that some people are in hands in glove with corrupt, inefficient officials and they, in league with pgurus, have hatched a conspiracy to defame the senior journalist.