- Cabinet apprised of the MoU signed between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of on youth affairs and sports
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for amendment of the Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) Order, 1954
- Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar Chief Minister
- Saurabh Shukla appointed as Private Secretary to Arun Jaitely
- ACC approved the extension for the further period of one year to Addl Secretary level posts
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has written to Shri Acharya Devvrat, the Governor of Himachal Pradesh conveying his condolences on the loss of lives due in a bus accident in Shimla District of Himachal Pradesh.
In a message, the President has said, “I am sad to learn about the accident in which a bus carrying passengers plunged into a river in Shimla District of Himachal Pradesh.
I understand number of persons have lost their lives and others are injured. Rescue as well as relief and search operations are currently underway. I call upon the State Government and other agencies to provide all possible aid to the bereaved families who have lost their near and dear ones as well as medical assistance to the injured.
Please convey my heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased. I wish speedy recovery to the injured persons”.