- Jaitley hits at Congress for using petition as “political tool” to intimidate judges
- SC expresses unhappiness over public debate on CJI impeachment
- Opposition to move impeachment motion against CJI in Rajya Sabha
- Rahul Kulshresth appointed as Ambassador of India to the Arab Republic of Turkey
- Sanjay Bhattacharya appointed as next Ambassador of India to Republic of Turkey
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has written to Shri Acharya Devvrat, the Governor of Himachal Pradesh conveying his condolences on the loss of lives due in a bus accident in Shimla District of Himachal Pradesh.
In a message, the President has said, “I am sad to learn about the accident in which a bus carrying passengers plunged into a river in Shimla District of Himachal Pradesh.
I understand number of persons have lost their lives and others are injured. Rescue as well as relief and search operations are currently underway. I call upon the State Government and other agencies to provide all possible aid to the bereaved families who have lost their near and dear ones as well as medical assistance to the injured.
Please convey my heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased. I wish speedy recovery to the injured persons”.