- Income tax recovers huge cash and other items in raids on officers in UP
- PM being welcomed by Assam Governor and CM Assam on his arrival in Dibrugarh, Assam
- Venu Rajamony new Ambassador to Netherlands
- Tapan Ray gets addl charge of the post of Secretary in the Dept of Economic Affairs
- Vijay Babu Vasanta gets extension as First Secretary, High Commission of India in London
The 1987 batch Indian Postal Service Officer, S.C. Barmma has been appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Justice from the date of assumption of the charge of the post for a period of five years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, vice A K Singh, lAS (UT:1995).