- Cabinet apprised of the MoU signed between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of on youth affairs and sports
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for amendment of the Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) Order, 1954
- Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar Chief Minister
- Saurabh Shukla appointed as Private Secretary to Arun Jaitely
- ACC approved the extension for the further period of one year to Addl Secretary level posts
The 1987 batch Indian Postal Service Officer, S.C. Barmma has been appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Justice from the date of assumption of the charge of the post for a period of five years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, vice A K Singh, lAS (UT:1995).