- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
The 1981 batch IRS(C&CE) officer, S. Ramesh who is the Member of CBEC has been appointed as new Chairperson of Central Board of Excise & Custom(CBEC). He will succeed present chairman Vanaja N. Sarna who retires in June 2018.