- CJI Ranjan Gogoi excused himself from hearing petition for interim Director, CBI
- Shivakumara Swami of Sidaganga Mutt passes away at the age of 111
- Govt accepted volunteer retirement of Addl Commissioner Pune
- Sanjay Sudhir appointed as Indian Ambassador to Maldives
- BJP will not stabilize the Congress-JDU govt, B S Yeddyurappa
The security systems of religious premises of Ayodhya, Varanasi and Mathura-including Taj Mahal in Agra will be made more robust and agile. The government has asked to submit a proposal in this connection in the coming fortnight to all senior officials of the concerned districts.
Principal Secretary Home Mr. Debashish Panda chaired by a high-level meeting at the Command Centre Annexe and made intensive review of the security arrangements and instructed to made full proof security to religious complexes in Ayodhya (Faizabad), Mathura and Varanasi and the Taj Mahal (Agra). Adequate number of police personnel will be deployed.