- Pankaj Gupta appointed as Director, DIPAM
- Ms. Basumathi G appointed as Dy Secretary, Dept of Biotechnology
- Lok Sabha accepts TDP,other opposition parties’ no-trust move against Modi government
- PM Modi attacks Mamata, accuses her of 'throttling democracy' and running 'syndicate raj' in Bengal
- AAP in deep trouble as 16 party leaders resign en masse in Punjab
Lucknow: Known for his political somersault and unpredictability, Suhaildev Bahujan Samaj Party chief and minister in the Yogi Adityanath-led government in UP, Om Prakash Rajbhar met Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav on Friday evening, setting tongues wagging in the political circle.
The meeting which took place in Varanasi lasted for 15-minute and both termed it a courtesy call.
But much is being read into the meet as minister Rajbhar is at loggerheads with his alliance partner, the ruling BJP and has been targeting the state government.
The meeting also assumed significance as the minister earlier defended former chief minister and Samajwadi chief Akhilesh Yadav over the damage to the bungalow that he vacated. Rajbhar also said in his view, no politician of the stature of Akhilesh would do something like this.